Lisa has been an attorney specializing in civil litigation with Gates, O’Doherty, Gonter & Guy since 2008. Lisa specializes in insurance defense of automobile and premises liability cases. Lisa’s expertise includes defending wrongful death and traumatic brain injury and other complex injury cases. Lisa also is part of a select group of attorneys who handle special investigation work for one of the largest liability insurers. Due to her past experience working as a claims adjuster, Lisa brings a unique perspective to the defense of her cases.
Lisa has vast experience all aspects of litigation up to and including jury verdicts. She specializes in pre-trial discovery having taken thousands of depositions of both parties, witnesses and experts.
In her spare time, Lisa enjoys spending time with her family and friends, working out at the gym, traveling, hiking and reading.
- Sexual Harassment/Litigation Seminars, Wesierski & Zurek LLP 2002-2006
- California, 2001
- Whittier Law School, Costa Mesa, California
- J.D. (magna cum laude)
- University of California, Santa Barbara/California State University, Fullerton, Santa Barbara/Fullerton, California
- B.A., Business Administration/Management, 1992
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2006 - 2007
- CALI Award for Excellence in Insurance Law and Professional Responsibility Practicum
- Whittier Law School Dean's Merit Scholarship, Beverly Rubens Gordon Scholarship
- Whittier Law School Dean's List and Honor Roll each semester, Law Review Invitee
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Orange County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Law Offices of Gregory DeBernard, Trial Attorney, 2014-2015
- Bollington & Ochoa, Associate, 2006 - 2008
- Wesierski & Zurek, LLP, Associate, 2002 - 2006
- Demler, Armstrong & Rowland, Long Beach, California, Attorney at Law/Law Clerk, 2001 - 2002
- 21st Century Insurance, Santa Ana, California, Senior Bodily Injury Examiner, 1992 - 2001