Sean O’Doherty has practiced in the Civil Litigation Defense field since 1979. He has tried over 175 jury trials to verdict in the Counties of San Bernardino, Riverside, Ventura, Kern, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles and Orange. Sean is a Diplomate with the American Board of Trial Advocates, an invitation only group of TOP litigators in the US.
VEHICLE LIABILITY: Due to his unique background in transportation defense work, Sean manages the firm’s Transportation Defense Team. He was a former Claims Investigator, Regional Claims Supervisor and Associate General Counsel for Transit Casualty Insurance Company which, at the time, was the nation’s largest transportation underwriter. Sean handles vehicle accident claims involving: commercial trucking and passenger carriers, heavy equipment, bus fleets, municipal transit, bus/coaches and aircraft.
PREMISES LIABILITY: Sean manages our firm’s Premises Liability Practice Group in the Los Angeles and Inland Empire region. Due to his specialty in serving commercial property developers/owners/tenants, one of the largest retail and entertainment REITs in the U.S. selected Sean as primary risk management/litigation defense attorney for California. This client’s properties include recreation and leisure centers, lifestyle centers, urban centers and regional retail and entertainment centers.
EMPLOYMENT LIABILITY: As a result of the internal employment matters on which Sean was consulted while serving as the Associate General Counsel for Transit Casualty Insurance Company, Sean provides clients with a unique practical perspective of often-overlooked employment issues that could lead to litigation.
Sean instructs attorneys on trial techniques and the art of professionalism within the practice of law. He also lectures to private associations and insurance companies in the areas of risk management, litigation management, and discovery. Sean is also a licensed pilot. He has also been accepted to complete the Bar Exam for the Irish Law Society to become a Solicitor.
- FedEx Freight
- State Farm Companies
- Mercury Insurance Group
- Music Industry Artists
- National Indemnity
- Columbia Insurnace
- Redwood Insurance
- Guard Insurnace
- Licensed Pilot
- Former NFL Licensed Agent – NFLPA
- Music Agent – Artists
- California, 1979
- U.S. District Court - Central/Eastern/Northern-Califiornia
- St. Michael's College, Colchester, Vermont
- B.A., Political Science/International Relation, 1974
- Western State University College of Law, Fullerton, California
- Juris Doctor, 1978
- USC School of Medicine
- Major: Neurology, Orthopedics, Radiology, Anatomy, 1980-81
Honors and Awards
- Faculty American Board Trial Advocates - Trial School
- Special Master - State bar of California
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Board Trial Advocates - ABOTA DIPLOMATE
- Trucking Industry Defense Attorneys - TIDA
- Defense Research Institute - DRI
- Inter-Modal Assoc. North America
- California Trucking Assoc.
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- National Beer Wholesalers Assoc.
- Owner/Operator Independent Driver Assoc. (OOIDA)
- Institute for Certified mediators - London/Ireland
Past Employment Positions
- Transit Casualty Company, Assoc. General Counsel, 1974 - 1979